Hyatt Sous Chef - Indian in MUMBAI, India
Administration · Assists to ensure that culinary activities are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists in the preparation and updates of individual Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Conducts regular departmental communications briefings and meetings in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine.
· Assists to ensure that all guest contact culinary employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Assists to ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Assists to maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.**
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.**
· Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
· Works closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Has excellent knowledge of all available products in the market and buys locally fresh products wherever possible.
· Checks incoming food products and ensures that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets and receiving records
· Coordinates with all satellite kitchens for their mis-en-place and supplies.
· Assists to regularly conduct yield testing to ensure wastage is kept minimal and that all Scala recipes are correct and up-to-date.
· Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
· Monitors closely the requirements in own section and order the food items at the right time and in the right quantity for the intended use.
· Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
· Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
· Assists to devise special dishes and develop innovative recipes.
· Establishes and enforces sanitation standards for the kitchen.
· Ensures that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Through hands-on management, closely supervises the Kitchen employees in the performance of their duties and ensures this is in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws.
· Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Kitchen employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Assists to prepare and post weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assists to delegate as appropriate the duties and responsibilities necessary to trained employees who are well equipped and resourced to correctly accomplish these tasks.
· Ensures effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Assists in conducting annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and supports them in their professional development goals.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Degree / Diploma in Hotel Manangement * Relative Work Experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000581
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.